08 April, 2008

Time For Me To Fly

Today is my last day in Tennessee. As I was running errands yesterday in preparation for my departure tomorrow it occurred to me how much I have come to enjoy living here. There are a lot of things I will miss. The view of the mountains is the most obvious. I will also miss the milder summer weather (compared to New Orleans almost anyplace is milder) and change of seasons. I will miss McKay, the used book store they have here. Both my book and music library have doubled because of them. I like that Chattanooga is kind of centrally located to a lot of different states I never got to visit before. I have become a big fan of the Titans and will miss seeing them play every weekend (I've already buttered my wife up for NFL Direct Ticket once we are settled in Louisiana).
I have family here still so I know I can visit but it's not quite the same. I know this move is best for my family but that doesn't really make it much easier. We ended up here as a result of Hurricane Katrina and didn't entirely like it at first. But it has grown on me. Maybe more than I realized. But, we have a new baby on the way and I will get to see my boys more so that definitely outweighs the melancholy I feel at leaving Tennessee. So, that is it. My last post from Tennessee. Talk to you again from Louisiana.

2 comments:

Grilled Cheese Samurai said...

Hope the move was a success!

Onwards and upwards my friend. :)

haonmot's woman said...

Ummmm....this is the first I am hearing of the NFL Direct Ticket?!? The Saints will be on every weekend....isn't that enough?!?...LOL!!!