08 June, 2008

Red Ring of Death

Well, my day is starting great. My oldest son was attempting to play a game on the 360 when he told me it kept freezing and the screen was going red. When I went to investigate and turned it off and then on again we got the dreaded "red ring of death". If you're not a gamer you have no idea what I'm talking about. If you are, then you are probably cringing with me. For those that don't know, the red ring basically means your unit is fucked. Now, I heard that Microsoft was replacing units that get the red ring but I'm not sure if they still are or if it matters when the manufacture date of your unit was. We purchased the extended warranty from the store when we bought it so hopefully we can get something done. With a baby on the way and us relocating to Louisiana the chances of me buying a new one anytime within the next year are virtually non-existent. Anyways, that's how my day has started. The good thing is that I start my new job tomorrow. It is the same one my wife and I were hoping I would get so we are both very excited. It's not like we will suddenly be living in the lap of luxury but once we sell our house in Tennessee we will be doing alright at least. I guess you really do have to take the good with the bad sometimes. That's a ridiculous statement, but true nonetheless.

1 comment:

because I said so.... said...

I know I'm late on this post.. but ya know my male child - Mackie - is like King of the 360 - it's his life .. I've half ass listened to him tell me something about when you get the first ring you can possibly fix something..b/c it indicates something mighta come loose inside. idk, like I said, I half ass listened to him. anywho.. if'n ya want, I can put you in touch with him and ya'll can 360 talk it up about what you might could do. also, when I took him to buy his new machine a few months ago, we were told that the machine replacement warranty's not being honored anymore which is why the guy was trying to convince him to buy the PlayStation.